Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My Latest Computer Setup

I have found a great setup that makes me happy every day on my computer, it involves 80GB split into 2 partitions.

1st Partition : 40GB is XP for my games and any other XP software that still need to use.
2nd Partition : Linux (Currently I am still happy with Ubuntu Distribution)

Linux Software For Added Productivity
I cannot stress this enough, but I hope people will understand me here. If you have a 3D capable card, then follow these steps :)

1) Make sure you have set up your 'Restricted Graphics Drivers' correctly (Nvidia or ATI)
2) Turn on "Desktop Effects".
3) Install Screenlets (Currently my fav widget system, still in heavy development !)
4) Set up your screen corners in the "Desktop Effects Manager", so when you move your to any of these locations, it will initiate a desktop effect. Corner set up example (That I still use)

TOP RIGHT: Show all Windows
BOTTOM RIGHT :Show windows on the current desktop
BOTTOM LEFT : Hide windows and show desktop
TOP LEFT : Show widget layer

No comments: