Thursday, December 18, 2008

Frustrating Moment: You will save money if...

...You stop relying on Microsoft. Make a change and try a Linux distribution called, Ubuntu.

I will keep this person's name anonymous but I heard some frustration of a 2nd hand laptop bought for £100, that they wish to save their ONLY copy of the OS software that was pre-installed on the laptop. Just these few statements that really frustrated me and is inspiring to me to think up some statements to help.

Encouraging Thoughts to Dump Microsoft
  • First off you can buy a whole brand new netbook for £150.
  • Choosing Linux as my primary OS, it took some getting used to (It's like learning to ride a new bike).
  • I know Ubuntu is almost there for user friendly free alternative for an OS (Give it a try).
  • Endless supply of free support online (Online Chat [irc] and forums).
  • Endless supply of free updates and security.
  • Mass huge range of free software spanning all categories of uses.
  • You will save barrels of money by moving from Microsoft to Linux.
The only Requirements is
  • A standard Linux Supported Machine (This is an awkard bit :/hmm ). If you can boot from a LIVE CD of a Linux dristro then that is a huge clue that it will run almost fine.
  • Broadband internet connection.
  • A copy of Ubuntu's latest software.
  • Some Will to change.
I now wish to stop preaching and burn a copy of Ubuntu just give it to them. I did show them once before but struggled to get their Internet fully working which stopped me, Fuzzing Ruzzing muzzing dag namit! I felt almost I almost converted them! I wish to try again someday.

No comments: